CASE STUDY: Yankee Candle
Create an evolution of the shopping experience that promotes the love of candles and home décor, inspires the candle devotee and attracts an expanded audience just discovering how both the fragrance and light of Yankee Candle can compliment their home and celebrations.
The store layout defines inspirational areas and ideas for the consumer and communicates the flexibility and adaptability of the company’s signature products to a variety of home décor and residential styles.
- This new prototype, through the use of textures typically found in the home: slate, painted wood, brick, stone, decorative plaster - all reinforce the customer’s comfort level via a new fresh and bright palette.
- This palette transcends the regional differences in home décor through its sense of bringing the outdoors in and recognizing the growing trend of bringing indoor style decorating and entertaining to the outdoors.
- Each of the segments have a high degree of flexibility allowing for themes to be based on season, design style, color or scent, and provides a highly organized and disciplined approach to colorization and fragrance.
- The highly background nature of the high-density displays with their order, discipline and geometric organization contrasts well with the artistic and display-focused highlighted areas
- Familiar finishes are augmented with the use of backlit white glass, stainless steel and wrought-metal fixturing in a flavor that is exemplified in today’s eclectic sense of residential interior.