CASE STUDY: Hershey's Chicago
To extend the Hershey legacy into a more experiential environment that immerses the consumer in the brand.
Hershey’s Chicago adds its experiential flavor to this already envied neighborhood, celebrating "where it all began" through the use of vintage lighting and iconic design elements.
- Custom brass framing, Hershey brand detailing and the monumental scale of the architecture indicate to passersby that big and exciting things are happening inside
- Inside, the clean and bright white candy factory becomes the backdrop to the spectrum of Hershey’s brand packaging, nostalgic advertising art and focal feature elements
- Hershey's products cascade through intertwining chutes and drop into a nostalgic and whimsical tin to produce a truly personalized assortment
- Around the store perimeter, large graphic panels offer another level of visual branding by displaying vintage Hershey’s advertising messages
- Materials that are vintage in character, such as glazed tile, glass mosaic tile and custom grillwork, are organized in a manner reminiscent of diners and bakeries of years past to combine with the energy inherent to Hershey brands
- The cafe element features Reese’s Pieces as the hero brand with a curved wall graphic, custom tables and seating, while changing LED ceiling elements echo the curved and roundness of the Reese’s product in a welcoming and festive atmosphere