CASE STUDY: Ultra Diamonds
To create an Ultra Diamonds prototype reflective of its stylish merchandise and breadth of brands and selection.
The new environment is chic, unexpected and accessible, recognizing the breadth of selection, categories and designers that are core to this broad and diverse collection. Through the use of a series of 360-degree walk-around cases, the personality of the environment creates a high degree of visual accessibility, a deformalization and a “side by side” selling opportunity that breaks down the traditional hierarchy of client and associate.
- The state-of-the-art cases, with their LED illumination and custom-built inserts, bring out the full brilliance of the products sold within. The case design minimizes the sense of enclosure and maximizes the sense of openness, making the merchandise seem almost close enough to touch.
- A center island acts as a classification and service hub to the adjacent walk-around satellite selling areas. This allows for selling areas and merchandise security to have a more controlled approach to merchandise presentation.
- Use of a series of perimeter cases reinforce the wall-to-floor character in areas adjacent to the walk-around cases for products such as watches and fine fashion jewelry, with the areas that are located behind cases reserved fully for branding, communication and graphics, overscaled to create impact and drama in what otherwise would be unleveraged wall spaces.
- The store’s neutral palette contrasting light and dark shades finds a balance in its sense of status and luxury; always affording the welcome and warmth that is part of the company’s culture and associate connection.
- Unexpected and light-hearted accents, unique table legs, cantilever cases, finish and carpet patterns, and accent shades bring style and flair to complement the store’s sleek and streamline fixturing, lending a contemporary edge.