CASE STUDY: Timberland PRO
To create a new tradeshow property for the Timberland PRO industrial division highlighting the various product lines and embodying the PRO brand positioning and business strategies aimed at the trade level, while focusing on their targeted professional working consumer segments (work, slip resistant, heavy duty, etc). To develop a modular concept for various tradeshow configurations that also supports Timberland’s sustainability stance.
The Timberland PRO series is focused on bringing footwear to the market, but considers the elements and attributes of each of the professions and how to create a product that celebrates the “everyday heroes” that are their customers. In keeping with Timberland’s belief in the importance of environmental values and sustainability, along with the unique branding and iconic attributes of the Timberland brand; Outdoor Proven, Industrial Strength and Environmental Values in Action become key elements of this new trade show space.
- With a continuing focus on Timberland’s sustainability approach, 83% of the booth is eco-conscious, with 60% recycled materials, 4% reused, and 19% renewable. 82% of the booth is recyclable at the end of its five-year targeted life span.
- The “Tornado,” a vertical, circular tapering element, atop the booth contrasts the solid, geometric and rectangular aspects of the base podium and provides a 360-degree visibility element that further reinforces the family of “heroes” serviced by the PRO line.
- The structure was designed and assembled in such a way to resemble the look and feel of scaffolding found on a construction site with subtle, yet highly recognizable marks of the trade fundamental to this consumer and the environments in which they work.
- Highly flexible to accommodate different tradeshow footprints, the modular presentation systems showcase product surrounded by Timberland PRO signature orange painted frames and fixturing details -Timberland PRO orange is also found on materials ranging from reclaimed construction fencing to warehouse racking, while a floor of recycled rubber plates supports the space’s “Green” positioning.
- Roll-up galvanized steel receiving doors were intended as flexible dividers to create the “convertible” meeting / sales rooms that accommodate footwear and apparel displays, storage, multi media displays, with worktable seating for 8-10 people, and also assist in transportation between show appointments.